Details of the session:
Session: New approaches to recruiting trustees
Date: 16 March 2018
Time: 1.30pm -3.30pm
Venue: Charnwood Borough Council, Council Offices, Southfield Road, Loughborough, LE11 2TX
Trainer: Helen Oparinde, Group Support Development Officer, Voluntary Action LeicesterShire
This 2-hour session will give existing trustees and staff who are involved in the recruitment of trustees the opportunity to:
- Gain an understanding of the Automatic Disqualification rules coming into force on 1 August 2018 and how charities and individuals can prepare for this
- Consider open recruitment approaches to reach many more trustees, in order to strengthen individuals and boards in their critical role.
- Understand the support and opportunities to effectively promote trustee vacancies
This course has been designed in response to some of the findings of a report commissioned by the Office for Civil Society and Charity Commission in November 2017 called Taken on Trust – The awareness and effectiveness of charity trustees in England and Wales.
Who is this face to face session for?
Any trustee whose organisation is based in Charnwood borough and their organisation is either:
- A registered charity, a Charitable Company, a Charitable Incorporated Organisation or Trust
- A charity that is not required by law to register with the Charity Commission
- A charity that is required to register with the Charity Commission, but has not yet done so
(Up to 2 delegates per organisation can attend.)